Joist hangers are designed to provide support underneath the joist, rafter or beam to provide a strong a connection. Simpson Strong-Tie offers a diverse line of hangers to handle almost any application with top flange, concealed flange and field skewable and slopeable options. The Hurricane Tie series features various configurations of wind and seismic ties for trusses and rafters.
- Designed to provide a connection between trusses/rafters and the top plate of the wall to resist high-wind/seismic forces
- Also suitable for connecting 2x deck joists on top of a perpendicular beam
- Install in pairs on either side of the rafter/truss/joist to provide resistance to uplift and lateral forces
- Use also for a variety of connections where one member crosses another
- Made from 18-Gauge steel
- Galvanized for extra corrosion resistance
- Install with 8d common nails